Moving all of your data to ‘the cloud’ can be a very daunting experience. Thinking about the room which is filled with files of purchase invoices and sales receipts replaced by an online system may be scary, but we believe the thought of being able to access your accounts from anywhere in the world at any time of day far outweighs the negativity.
We know that not everyone loves accounts as much as we do, that is why we are so excited about Xero. Xero gives you the opportunity to operate more efficiently leaving you with more time to focus on the areas of your business that matter the most important to you.
A brief introduction to Cloud Accounting
As Xero is a cloud based system, the first thing to get your head around is the fact that, rather than a paper filled office where receipts and invoices seem to multiply in every corner, everything is available in one place online – you can even upload photographs of receipts and see the bank account adjust accordingly.
So what is the cloud?
The cloud is a tech term used to describe the online storage of files so, when you take a photograph on your phone and upload it to a social media site like Facebook, you are uploading your files to the cloud. In our daily lives, we use the cloud for online banking, Netflix and Apple Products to name a few.
Cloud Accounting uses the same principle, taking all of your financial information and applications and storing them safely online.
How will it benefit my business?
- See all of your bank balances, invoices, bills and expense claims in one place.
- Add new transactions with a few quick clicks.
- Seamless integration between field workers and finance staff within the office.
- Get a sales invoice raised by your employee on their smart phone in real time.
- Check the profitability of projects on the go using your phone or iPad.
- Reduce manual data entry and increase compliance with combined payroll and accounting.
- Handle personal expenses with ease.
- Connect to more than 350 third party apps and increase productivity.
- Cost effective.
Sounds good, what’s the catch?
We know from experience that setting up a business on any cloud can be tedious and time consuming, but we’re here to help. We can take care of the set up for you giving you the time to get on with running your own business.
If you’re still having trouble deciding whether Xero is right for you, we can provide an assessment of your needs. After all, while Xero is our preferred choice for cloud based accounting, we do offer other solutions, and our ultimate goal is to help you build a better business and take control of your finances.